Pregnancy can be an unpredictable time for women when it comes to sex drive. While some women find that they experience the best sex of their life during this time, others find that sex is the last thing that they want.
By now a woman will know whether she is having one baby or multiples. The news that you’re going to have twins can be exciting and scary all at the same time, but once you get your head around the news you may find yourself full of eager anticipation.
Changes in the baby
Though the head is still the largest part of the body, other parts of the body are starting to catch up. Though still only a few inches in size, by now the baby even has its own unique finger prints.
- The first of the baby’s bones are beginning to form inside the arms and legs about now, which will later become the full skeletal structure underlying the skin.
- The vocal cords of the baby are forming now.
- The arms and legs may start to move in a jerky fashion, though it will still be a while before you feel any discernible movement of the baby.
- The baby’s intestines were outside the body attached to the umbilical cord until now. They will now move inside and into the abdominal cavity.
- The baby is developing reflexes now and may respond by jerking if prodded.
Changes in the mom to be
As the 13th week draws to a close, and the third trimester ends, women can look forward to feeling a lot better as the nausea fades and tiredness recedes. While most women have had their routine tests as well as their first sonogram by now, it may be a good idea to consult with the doctor to see if any additional tests or screenings are needed.
- There could be increased vaginal discharge about this time. It is thought that this discharge called leucorrhea is one of the ways that the body naturally protects the baby against infection.
- Breasts may seem heavier or fuller about now.
- Some women start to show about now, but many don’t show until much later.
Tips for the 13th Week
While you’re not big enough for maternity clothes, you may be bursting out of your fitted trousers and skirts.
- So right now you can use some belly bands or buckles that will help keep up your unbuttoned skirts and trousers.
- Keep up your calcium intake, and keep exercising and eating healthy.